Welcome to the world of Pokémon! Our name is UTFOLD! People call us the origami club. This world is inhabited by folded papers called origami! For some people, origami is an art. Others use it for stress-relief. UTFOLD… we manufacture origami Poké Balls, or at least that's what we'll be doing this upcoming Saturday!
On 10/10 from 3-5 PM EST on the UTFOLD Discord Server, we will fold Poké Ball Boxes based off PaperKawaii’s video instructions. The difficulty is intermediate, but we’ll be folding together and ready to assist newcomers.
You will need:
1. 4 equally-sized square sheets of paper, about 15 cm in side length. 2 of same colour. 2 white.
• Printer paper for white x2 and print solid colour or pattern onto colour x2
• Gift wrap paper trimmed to neat squares, colour side for colour, white side for white
(Note: Poké Balls come in a variety of hues and patterns. Red is just the signature colour.)
2. Strip of paper or washi tape.
3. Glue stick, double-sided tape, or thin coat of liquid glue.
3. Ruler and pencil to mark fifths.
• Use the origami method of folding fifths.
• Mark the paper prior to printing.
• If the paper is thin, then Google search fifths and hold the paper up to the screen.
4. Scissors, paper cutter, craft knife, or careful ripping.
The Pikachu in the banner is not a featured model, as it was taught three years ago, but if you do choose to fold it to complement your Poké Ball or because it’s less supply-intensive (1 yellow square, black pen, red pen), then we’ll also be able to provide some pointers beyond its video. Once again, feel free to fold any model you like at the session, whether it be Pokémon-related or not. Participating for the convo is okay too!
On that note… we have a special social prepared! Pokémon Showdown is a free-to-play, online battle simulator. You create a username on the website for a temporary account, and, voilà, you can compete against fellow Pokémon trainers. To simplify match-ups, it’s all of us versus UTFOLD’s Pokémon Champion, Ivanchuk (Harry Z.). Bring in your A-game for the chance to become the new Champion. Matches will take place in the 3-5 PM EST period by request, and may (haha, May) be available 5-6 PM EST depending on the attendees’ availability.
That is all! Hope everyone has a wonderful week being “the best like no one ever was.”